Hartman & Hartman Constructors began in 1978. We’re happy to say we hit the ground running and we’ve never stopped. While we first began serving the industrial construction needs of the coal industry — with our very first contract being one of the largest above-ground mining preparation facilities in the US — today, we’re proud to be a successful industrial contractor in the ever-expanding and booming natural gas industry.
In fact, that’s been our pattern from the very beginning. With a hardworking team of some of the region’s finest employees and subcontractors, we’ve made it our goal to respond to the industrial market needs of our tri-state (Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia) region. As the market has continued to adapt, so have we. Identifying areas of industrial need, we’ve aggressively responded, doing our best to provide needed services and excel in exceeding the expectations of our customers.
With an unwavering commitment to safety, our diverse experience includes industrial construction and electrical work in the coal, power, gas, glass, manufacturing and steel industries.
As a merit shop company with more than 100 direct hire employees, 120 contract employees, and 10 full-time subcontractors, Hartman & Hartman has experienced growth that has often been exponential. With this team, we’re able to handle our customer’s most difficult needs with quality and integrity.
And, still yet, even with incredible growth, we’ve been fortunate to have a pattern of employee retention that is quite remarkable within our industry. Today, the Hartman & Hartman family continues to include dozens of faithful and hardworking employees and subcontractors with several decades of experience with Hartman & Hartman.
Nearly 40 years later and licensed in 13 states, the fruit of our labor can be seen not only in our success but in the ways we’ve been able to share our success by giving back to the communities we’re privileged to serve.
- Hartman & Hartman has won the Associated Builders and Contractors STEP Platinum Award for safety for more than 10 years.
- Hartman & Hartman was recognized by Williams for the safe and responsible completion of several Laurel Mountain Midstream Projects.
- Hartman & Hartman was named PPG’s “Excellent Supplier of the Year.”
- Hartman & Hartman has been the recipient of the ABC of Western PA’s “Pre-Engineered Specialty Contractor of the Year” award, for multiple years.
- Hartman & Hartman has received the Sales Achievement Award by Nucor Building Systems.
- Recognized by Chevron for two years of work without a recordable accident.